So I’m cleansing this week. What does that really mean? Well this week, that means I’m adding a ton of fiber to my diet, omitting excess oils, sugars, and salts, and really, just focusing on a simple and clean menu so I can help heal my gut and let my insides reset themselves.
For dinner this week, I’ve made a VERY simple veggie soup that’s very light in flavor. Doing this also helps reset my palate so I’m not craving MORE salts, MORE sugars, and MORE Fats. In the beginning, if you try this, you may find the salt and flavor level is actually got quite minimal but as you go on, your palate will start to readjust and the soup just gets that much tastier :D. Funny how things work.
Hope you make a ginormous pot of this and take the opportunity when you can, to cleanse out your system. You’ll feel lighter, lose the bloat, get more regular, and have more energy. I’m not a doctor but I know how my body feels when I do this.
Enjoy the cleanse… and being “clean.”
NOTE: You can use ANY vegetable in ANY amount that you like. Listed below is what I used. The only thing I suggest is to stay away from the smelly veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages, etc…. Over the week they can turn bitter and honestly, when you open up your soup pot each night, the last thing you want is to be assaulted with the smell of feet, which those veggies usually bring to the party. PLUS, these types of veggie can be gassy for some of us so…. there you go. Other than that. add whatever veggies your heart desires.
- 2 Large Zucchini Diced into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 7 Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- 2 Large Bunches of Kale, Rough Chopped
- 1 Large Stalk of Celery, Chopped Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 Small Package of Button Mushrooms, Halved
- 2 TBS Powdered Garlic (Because I ‘m not sautéing anything and i’m not adding any oil, I opt for powdered garlic rather than fresh)
- 1 TBS Black Pepper
- 2 TBS Kosher Salt
- 1 Heaping TBS Concentrated Veggie Soup Base (I Use Better Than Bullion Brand)
- Dump everything into a 5.5 Qt pot, pack it in there, don’t be shy. The veggies will shrink as they cook.
- Fill the pot with fresh water until it reaches about 3/4 inch below the rim of the pot.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and veggie soup base.
- Cover and turn heat on high until it comes to a rolling boil, then lower heat to simmer and leave the lid slightly ajar to let the steam out.
- Continue to simmer about 20 minutes and stir every now and then.
- That’s it. You have made more than enough soup for the week.
TIP: When you eat this, don’t leave the soup broth behind. Get in there, pick up the bowl and slurp it all down. The soup broth is additional water to your daily intake and it will help fill you up. Don’t be the usual me and eat all the goodies only to leave the broth behind. (Yes, that’s what I USUALLY do – but not this week).